BD2K Hackathon Applications
The Big Data to Knowledge Centers Coordination Center (BD2K CCC) is soliciting proposals to organize BD2K-related hackathons (or “code fests”) as a consortium activity to promote key technologies. A successful application will be reimbursed for up to $3,000!
The current request for applications aims to advance the mission of BD2K by inviting proposals to host public hackathon events that will harness broad expertise for the development and application of biomedical big data software tools.
Applications will be accepted for the following deadlines:
- August 31, 2016 (for events held between November 2016 and April 2017)
- February 28, 2017 (for events held between May 2017 and October 2017)
- August 31, 2017 (for events held between November 2017 and April 2018)
If you are planning to host a hackathon, please visit the BD2K CCC Hackathons Page for application guidelines and best practices.
Please direct all questions and inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Past BD2K Hackathons
We are proud to have helped support the following hackathons. Please check out the event recaps and discover new projects that interest you.
- 1st BD2K 3rd Network of BioThings Hackathon - Held at The Scripps Reseach Institute in San Diego, California from May 7-9, 2015. Read the post-event recap here.
- 2nd BD2K 4th Network of BioThings Hackathon - Held at Stanford University from November 18-20, 2015. Read the post-event recap here.
- Hacking Cancer, a three day event hosted by Seven Bridges - Held in Cambridge, Massachusetts from April 1-3, 2016.
- Heartbits Hackathon - Held at the ISHR World Congress in Buenos Aires, Argentina on April 20, 2016.