Monday, July 23, 2018, 8:45 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. ET | The John Edward Porter Neuroscience Research Center, Room 620 | NIH Main Campus, Bethesda, MD l Register Now
Join the conversation on Twitter using #2018biomedAI
Artificial intelligence (AI) and machine learning (ML) are advancing rapidly and in use across industries, including biomedical research and healthcare delivery. For this full-day public workshop, NIH is bringing together leaders in innovation and science to explore the opportunities for AI and ML to accelerate medical advances from biomedical research. Workshop participants will hear from leading industry experts and scientists who are employing AI/ML in biomedical research settings. Speakers will cover a range of issues including the promise of integrating AI technology into healthcare, how it is being used in biomedical research, its potential for enhancing clinical care and scientific discovery. Craig Mundie, who served on the President’s Council of Advisors on Science and Technology (PCAST) and was formerly Microsoft’s Chief Research Strategy Officer, will deliver the keynote address.
- Craig Mundie, President, Mundie & Associates (Keynote speaker)
- Judith Dexheimer, Ph.D., University of Cincinnati
- David Heckerman, M.D., Amazon
- Anshul Kundaje, Ph.D., Stanford University
- Dina Katabi, Ph.D., Massachusetts Institute of Technology
- Eileen Koski, IBM Research
- Ronald Summers, M.D., Ph.D, NIH Clinical Center
REGISTRATION IS REQUIRED FOR IN-PERSON ATTENDANCE ONLY.
Dr. Jessica Mazerik