Thursday, January 21, 2021
CHORUS Forum on New Connections: Research Data to Content
Associate Director for Data Science Dr. Susan Gregurick will speak at this free event.
Registration is available at https://www.chorusaccess.org/events/chorus-forum-new-connections/.
Howard Ratner, Executive Director, CHORUS
Data Citations & Sharing
Expand your perspective and gain insights into why data is an important asset and why it isn’t being properly included in published content.
- Rachael Lammey, Head of Special Programs, Crossref (bio)
- Matthew Buys, Executive Director, DataCite (bio)
- Varsha Khodiyar, Data Curation Manager, Springer Nature (bio)
- Tim Vines, Project Lead, DataSeer (bio)
- Moderator: Shelley Stall, Senior Director for Data Leadership, AGU (bio)
Challenges and progress with data as a key asset for Funders and Academia
Hear from funders and institutions about their problems in recognizing data as a key asset and ascribing the value.
- Konstantinos Repanas, Policy Officer at Open Science Unit, Directorate-General Research & Innovation, European Commission (bio)
- Martin Halbert, Science Advisor for Public Access, NSF (bio)
- Susan Gregurick, Associate Director for Data Science, NIH (bio)
- Sarah Nusser, Professor of Statistics, Iowa State University and co-PI, AAU/APLU Accelerating Public Access to Research Data project (bio)
- Julia Lane, Co-Founder, Coleridge Initiative (bio)
- Moderator: Howard Ratner, Executive Director, CHORUS (bio)