Monday, April 19, 2021
ODSS Issues Four Administrative Supplements
Supplement applications due in May 2021
The National Institutes of Health (NIH) Office of Data Science Strategy recently announced four Notices of Special Interest for supplemental funding:
Apply by May 14: Administrative Supplements for Workforce Development at the Interface of Information Sciences, Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning (AI/ML), and Biomedical Sciences (NOT-OD-21-079)
- The purpose is to support the development and implementation of curricular or training activities at the interface of information science, AI/ML, and biomedical sciences to develop the competencies and skills needed to make biomedical data FAIR (findable, accessible, interoperable, and reusable) and AI/ML-ready.
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Apply by May 15: Administrative Supplements to Support Enhancement of Software Tools for Open Science (NOT-OD-21-091)
- These supplements will invest in research software tools with recognized value in a scientific community to enhance their impact by leveraging best practices in software development and advances in cloud computing.
- See the 28 awards made in 2020
- [UPDATED 5/11/21] NIH will accept proposals submitted by Monday, May 17, at 5 p.m.
- Apply by May 20: Support for existing data repositories to align with FAIR and TRUST principles and evaluate usage, utility, and impact (NOT-OD-21-089)
Apply by May 26: Administrative Supplements to Support Collaborations to Improve the AI/ML-Readiness of NIH-Supported Data (NOT-OD-21-094)
- This opportunity is intended to support collaborations that bring together expertise in biomedicine, data management, and AI/ML to improve the AI/ML-readiness of data generated from NIH-funded research and shared through repositories, knowledgebases or other data sharing resources.